Terms & Conditions
Payment Flow and Delivery Policy
Once your payment has been received in full, or a voucher code has been applied, we will process your order for either MilkSure or MilkSure Top Up. We will only process orders for MilkSure Top Up for farms which are eligible (i.e. renewing their accreditation). If your farm is not eligible, we will contact you.
Payment may be via debit or credit card on our secure online portal, by a PayPal account, or if you prefer, by making a Direct Bank Transfer using the account details provided when you place your order.
We process orders received every working day (weekdays excluding Bank Holidays in England). We post the training materials or Top Up packs to your nominated vet at their place of work. These are usually posted First Class, so you can normally expect your vet to receive the packs within one to three working days of you placing your order and payment. We also email you and the vet using the email addresses you provide us, and this is done on the same day that we post the packs and create your MilkSure user account (the registration date).
You have three months from this date to complete the MilkSure programme or MilkSure Top Up. This includes passing any online test required, completing all training required, the medicines review, risk assessment and management plan with your vet. We must receive a copy of the signed Vet’s Certificate (from the Workbook or Top Up booklet) in order for your farm to become MilkSure accredited. You keep the original copy.
What your MilkSure or Top Up registration fee does and does not include
The registration fee covers:
- The cost of administering the MilkSure and Top Up programmes and for keeping the materials up to date.
- The training materials provided, postage and package. The printed pack consists of an A4 MilkSure Workbook/ Manual and an A5 Vet’s Guide (one of each per farm). For Top Up, the pack consists of an A4 Top Up booklet and an A5 Vets’ Guide.
- The licensing fees paid on your behalf for taking the online tests; there is no limit to the number of personnel from each farm who can take the tests, nor the number of times the test can be taken over a three month period. Persons who pass the initial MilkSure test are eligible for 7 DairyPro points (if registered for Dairy Pro) and may download an individual Certificate of Achievement. Persons who pass the Top Up medicines competency evaluation can download an individual Medicine Competency Certificate. Each certificate type is valid for 12 months from the test date.
- Free and unlimited access to the MilkSure dashboard and resources/ materials on there which can be downloaded for your own use (but not for wider circulation). The access is via your user account, which is created for you. This is also shared with your nominated vet. The account remains active for 12 months from your registration date if your farm becomes MilkSure accredited. For farms which do not complete the programme after three months from the registration date, the accounts are deleted. These farms are non-accredited farms. There is no limit to the number of times you may access the dashboard and the resources whilst your account remains active.
- Administration costs include keeping an up-to-date database of registered and accredited farms and updating the milk processors with their own supplying farms’ MilkSure status, as well as support for the programme and for vets delivering the training.
Your registration fee does NOT include:
- Fees your vet will usually charge for delivering the training and completing the programme for your farm (i.e. medicines review, risk assessment, management plan and certification).
- Costs of additional Workbooks or Top Up booklets; these may be ordered separately (e.g. as replacements) and there is a small fee for these to cover printing and postage costs.
Refund/ Cancellation Policy
We will refund your payment in full if it is cancelled before the registration has been completed. If the order has been fulfilled, (i.e. we have completed your registration and the pack has been posted to your vet), we will not normally give a refund beyond this period.
Following registration, it is your responsibility to complete the programme, in conjunction with your vet. You have three months to do so. There are no refunds for farms which are registered but fail to complete the programme. In extenuating circumstances, it might be possible to give a short (e.g. two week) extension to the timeframe to allow completion, and for the farm to therefore become MilkSure accredited. The programme timeframe has been agreed by Dairy UK and BCVA; if you would like to apply for an extension, you or your vet must email email@example.com and explain the reason why.
Complaints, feedback and comments
MilkSure is an initiative for the UK dairy industry. The MilkSure office works hard on behalf of Dairy UK to satisfy the needs of the various stakeholders, whether that be farmers registering for the programme, vets delivering it, or processors. If you have any reason for complaint or concern, please contact the MilkSure team using the contact form, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Your enquiry will usually be dealt with within one working day. Of course good feedback is welcome too!