To become MilkSure accredited, you must first register your farm.
Registration is simple. Click on the Register button and fill in your farm details. Once payment has been confirmed, your farm’s nominated vet practice will be sent the training materials, including Workbook and Manual, training instructions, access to further materials on this website and access to an on-line test. You complete the training and risk assessment with your vet, then take an on-line test.
You have three months from the date of registration to complete the course and test. Training is arranged with your farm’s own vet at mutual convenience. The training, risk assessment and test takes around 3 hours, usually completed over two sessions.
1. The registration fee does not include fees you might need to pay for your vet to deliver the training and risk assessment.
2. Registration is on a per farm basis and can be used for multiple workers.
3. A farm becomes accredited once the online test has been passed and the vet has certified that the training has been delivered, a farm risk assessment completed and a management plan agreed.
4. Accreditation is valid for one year from the date of award.
MilkSure and annual MilkSure Top Up help farmers meet their Red Tractor dairy standards when it comes to medicines:
- ✔ Medicines training
- ✔ Individual competency certificates
- ✔ Annual review of bulk tank fails
- ✔Annual antibiotic review
- ✔ Annual medicine cupboard “health check”
- ✔ Annual risk assessment to ensure best practice
- ✔ Veterinary certification
MilkSure Top Up
Once a farm is accredited, MilkSure is topped up annually. The previous management plan is reviewed and the farm’s vet completes a new risk assessment. An annual Top Up medicines competency evaluation assures medicines are used safely and the correct withdrawal times are applied.
Top Up your MilkSure accreditation by clicking on the Top Up button. You will need your MilkSure number (from your previous Vet’s Certificate or Workbook). Once your renewal payment has been confirmed, your farm’s nominated vet will be sent your Top Up pack, which includes a new booklet each year for recording a new farm risk assessment, medicine cupboard “health check” and management plan.
New key members of staff (e.g. a new herdsperson joining the farm) take the original training module with the vet and the initial online test. MilkSure theory training module is repeated at least once every 5 years, to refresh knowledge and to remain up to date.